If you’ve ever experienced a major loss of data, you’ve probably wondered about data recovery — how does it work? How effective is it? How much does it cost?
Data loss can take many forms — accidental deletion, hard drive failure, software bugs, data corruption, hacking, even a simple power failure can cause you to lose data. And, of course, there are more extreme cases, like when a hard drive is recovered from a plane crash.
If a piece of data used to be on your hard drive, solid-state drive, USB stick, RAID, Android , Apple, Blackberry device or other storage media, you may hire Creative Chili to perform data recovery. Data recovery is, simply, the salvaging and repair of data that has been lost.
How is this possible you might ask ? Its really simple, when you delete a file, its fragments stay on the drive and can later be reasembled, thats why we offer Secure Data Disposal Services as well.
Of course, data recovery won’t always be possible; sometimes a system can be too corrupted or damaged to get much of the data back.
HOW IS DATA LOST ?
File Deletion - any file that’s deleted actually stays on your drive until it’s overwritten with another file
File Corruption - If you’ve ever gotten one of the dreaded “corrupt hard drive” errors, you know how disheartening it can be.
File System Format or Damage - Similar to deleting a file, formatting a file system destroys information about the previous files and structure of the disk, but the amount of data that’s erased depends on the system format.
Physical Drive Damage - Recovering files that have been deleted or formatted is one thing — getting files off of a drive that’s been damaged is another. Dealing with a heavily damaged drive is best left to the professionals, as it usually requires that the drive be taken apart.
Memory Cell Wear - Solid state drives are becoming more and more popular, especially with the rise of the ultrabook. Unlike traditional hard drives, SSDs loose ...Obviously, because they haven’t been around as long, recovering data from an SSD is more difficult than it is to recover from a traditional hard drive.
PROFESSIONAL DATA RECOVERY
Creative Chili uses proprietary tools & techniques to recover your data
With protocols and safe guards in place, we are able to properly analyze, recover, reconstruct deleted or corrupt data.
Not only do we recover data but analyze your system for future potential data loss, this allows us to fix issues in your systems and storage devices and at the same time recommend replacements.
Your best bet is to keep backups, which is the number one way to safe guard against future data loss and system failure. After inspecting your computing environment we can setup a secure, automated & accessible back up system at your convenience.
Deleted File Recovery - This is where we retrieve deleted or lost data from a stotarage medium or device.
Corrupt File Repair - This involves repair of damaged files, like MS Office files, Quick Books files, Database files etc.
PLATFORMS WE RECOVER DATA FROM
We employ every concievable technique to retrieve your data.
Smart Phone Or Tablet
CD's, DVD's, BLUE Ray Discs
Laptop Hard Drives
Desktop Hard Drives
External Hard Drives
Solid State Drives
RAID Array / NAS / SAN
USB Flash Drives
Operating Systems/File System
Windows (FAT, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT)
Linux (EXT /2/3/4 , XFS)
Mac (HFS, HFS+)
Virtual Environment (VMWare, Hyper-V, EXSi, VMFS, etc)
Disclaimer: As mentioned earlier data recovery won’t always be possible; sometimes a system can be too corrupted or damaged to get much of the data back.
Important: To ensure an excellent recovery rate, the next time you lose an important document or file on your computer/phone/external hard drive or usb, its vital to leave the system untouched until an expert has a chance to look at it, this is because copying and deleting files on such a system can drastically reduce chances of successful recovery.
WHAT'S THE COST ?
All data recovery cases are different, and the cost of a data recovery case can vary wildly depending on the situation.
Typically, recovering data from a clicking hard drive, for example, can cost between $700 and $1200. The size of the hard drive and the severity of the damage the drive has suffered have a large impact on the amount of work a data recovery professional needs to be able to salvage data from it.
For example, a clicking hard drive may simply need its magnetic read/write heads replaced in order for its data to be salvaged. Or it may need its read/write heads replaced and its firmware repaired. It may need multiple sets of replacement parts, and its platters may need burnishing before an engineer can successfully recover the data from it.
Some Factors Affecting Data Recovery Cost
- Replacement parts: Cases involving rare or very new models of hard drives require us to order replacement parts. Procuring any replacement parts means buying an entire new hard drive.
- Research and development: In order to stay competitive and effective, we have to sink plenty of time, effort, and money into R&D. There are no owner’s manuals describing how to fix a hard drive—every data recovery tool and technique must be reverse-engineered by skilled computer scientists.
- Internal media: Instead of working directly on the customer’s hard drive, we make a copied image of the drive using write-blocked and fault-tolerant forensic imaging technology. The copy has to live somewhere, which means we need to account for temporary data storage needs. It’s not uncommon for large RAID arrays to eat up dozens of terabytes of disk space for several weeks while a server data recovery case is ongoing.
- Replacement media: Once a customer’s data has been recovered, we must extract it onto a healthy, new storage device and ship it to the customer.
- Quality assurance: A few hours of data recovery QA should ensure that the customer’s important files work and that the customer receives the correct data from the lab.
- Facilities and infrastructure: The cost of data recovery has to cover the overhead costs such as buying and maintaining the specialized equipment needed for data recovery, such as burnishing tools, forensic write-blocked imagers and other software tools, chip readers, etc.
- IT security: We handle massive amounts of data belonging to other people, and must keep it all safe. Security audits, and properly sanitizing and disposing of customer data all comes with a price tag.
- Data reintegration: It isn’t uncommon to help clients to reintegrate their recovered data. This is especially necessary when we’ve just recovered an SQL database or other complex database.
Contact us to recieve accurate pricing
Single Device or Medium
From $ 100 USD
Upto 2 Devices or Mediums
From $ 300 USD
Up To 3 Devices or Mediums